Become an ITR™ Certified Trauma Specialist.
According to the American Psychological Association, over half the population has experienced trauma. Unfortunately, this is not news to you. As a person that deals with trauma survivors, you are seeing the effects every day. People present with issues like dissociation, depression, anxiety, or a host of other things. ITR will show you how to identify and resolve the root cause of this traumatic stress. The ITR courses are available to anyone who wants to learn. Learn to resolve the trauma first and see what’s left.
NASW and NBCC credits available
Register for the ATC 102 4-Day under LIVE TRAINING
Discuss opportunities with our ITR Training Team.
ITR™ Coursework Approved by NBCC and NASW
Approved by both the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), the evidence-supported ITR takes a different approach to resolving trauma. Instead of “What’s wrong with a person?” the question becomes “What’s happened to the person?” ITR gives structure, words and historical context to traumatic events without the individual reliving the events.
What else is different about ITR™?
- Time to resolution – hours vs years: Unlike many other approaches, resolving a single traumatic event can happen quickly, even in as little as a 60-120 minute session.
- Integrates seamlessly with other therapeutic approaches: Resolve the trauma first and see what’s left. After the events are resolved, the ITR Specialist makes a health and wellness plan to help a survivor integrate back into life, live on purpose and thrive.
- Can be used with both children and adults: This method can be applied to clients as young as 3 – or 99. Preverbal traumas to recent events are all addressed and resolved with ITR.
ITR Certification Trauma Specialist Process
The trauma training certification is comprised of three segments.
1. The FREE 11.5-hour Accelerated Traumatology 101 Online Course: In this first phase, you will have an opportunity to learn from a faculty group that includes the co-founder of the methodology, Dr. Linda Gantt. Some of the topic areas include:
- The history of trauma
- The development of Instinctual Trauma Response;
- How the brain reacts to traumatic events and Dual Brain Dynamics;
- Specific techniques and tasks effective in resolving traumatic stress symptoms
- Applying the techniques with non-verbal or child clients; and
2. The ATC 102 Live 4-Day ($1999):
ATC 102 Live 4-Day: This course is done in a small group with video conferencing for 24-hours (four 6-hour days) allowing the learner to show competency in using ITR. They go from group to triad work with an instructor per triad, The learners must have completed the ATC 101 Online course before this course begins.
Gain confidence in your skills
- Demonstrate your understanding of key techniques and exercises using ITR for trauma resolution; and
- Show your ability to apply those techniques effectively.
This is an experiential course, where you will have the opportunity to participate in live sessions, as well as to conduct them, and observe fellow learners as you each experience dealing with different populations and situations.
This course has been approved for 24 continuing education credits for licensed therapists by NBCC and NASW.
3. ITR Consultation Calls ($399): In this final phase, you will work with an ITR Certified Instructor and a group of active ITR learners applying ITR in different settings and with various populations. This includes 6 (six) interactive video calls with case studies presented by participants and then discussed by the group. There is a 1-hour exit call with a Certified Instructor (7 calls total). The exit call is where the participant present assessments, psychoeducation, a timeline, a full Graphic Narrative, an Externalized Dialogue, and a follow-up example to demonstrate they are confident with the process and are able to keep fidelity to ITR™ tasks and techniques.
Successful completion of this final step results in your becoming an ITR Certified Trauma Specialist (ITR-CTS).
To be considered a trainer a certified therapist/specialist must take another set of 6 consultation calls and present 2 more cases. ($249) Call to register for this. 800-214-0403
Renewal of ITR certification is required every 2 years. Certified specialists must attend a 1-day experiential training where they will get ITR updates and they must present ITR cases they have completed including assessments. ITR Recertification Course ($299)
MORE ADVANCED COURSES ARE BEING DEVELOPED
The ITR method helps clients address the effects of harm produced by trauma and stop the negative effects from continuing. It’s a a trauma treatment approach that honors the whole person."
Christy Pagels, LPC, ATR-BC, CTT
ITR Method Founders
With over 30 years of clinical experience helping individuals dealing with trauma and other mental health challenges, psychiatrist Dr. Lou Tinnin and art therapist Dr. Linda Gantt developed and tested the approach in their practices. Dr. Linda Gantt now focuses on training the next generation of therapists to help their clients process trauma and improve their lives.
Discuss opportunities with our traumatology faculty.