According to the American Psychological Association, over half the population has experienced trauma. Unfortunately, this is not news to you. As a licensed therapist or life coach, you are seeing the effects on your clients every day. They may present with symptoms of dissociation, depression, anxiety or a host of other behavioral and psychological issues. The challenge lies in identifying and treating the root cause, not just the symptoms. This is where the Instinctual Trauma Response™ (ITR) method will help.
The trauma training certification is comprised of three segments.
Segment #1: 10-Hour Accelerated Traumatology 101 (Online)
In this first phase, you will have an opportunity to learn from a faculty group that includes the co-founder of the methodology, Dr. Linda Gantt. Some of the topic areas include:
- The history of trauma and the Instinctual Trauma Response;
- How the brain reacts to trauma;
- Specific clinical methods effective in treating clients with PTSD, CPTSD and dissociative disorders,
- Applying the techniques with non-verbal or child clients; and
- A foundation in art-informed therapy techniques that support the ITR approach.
CE Credits: The segment has been approved for 10 continuing education credits for licensed mental health practitioners by NBCC and NASW.
Segment #2: 3-Day Accelerated Traumatology 102 (LIVE)
In this second phase, you will be in a small learning session with other trainees where you will have an opportunity to:
- Gain confidence in your skills;
- Demonstrate your understanding of key procedures and methods using the Instinctual Trauma Response Method for trauma treatment; and
- Show your ability to apply those methods effectively.
It is an experiential course, where you will have the opportunity to observe live sessions, as well as conduct them, and support fellow trainees as you each learn to deal with different populations and situations.
CE Credits: The segment has been approved for 18 continuing education credits for licensed therapists by NBCC and NASW.
Segment #3: Accelerated Traumatology 102 (Consultation Calls)
In this final phase, you will work with a Certified Instructor and a group of active therapists applying the ITR method in different settings and with various populations. This includes:
- 10 (ten) interactive video calls with case studies presented by participants and then discussed by the group.
- 30-minute private introduction call to make sure the participant understands the method and answer any questions.
- 1-hour exit call with a Certified Instructor where the participant present assessments, psychoeducation, a timeline, a full Graphic Narrative process and an Externalized Dialogue procedure and a follow up example to demonstrate they are confident with the process and keep fidelity to the ITR™method.
Successful completion of this final step results in your Certification as a Trauma Therapist or Life Coach in the ITR method.
Interested? Contact Us!
- The 3-day live training provides opportunities for the trainees to demonstrate their understanding of key procedures and methods using the Instinctual Trauma Response™ method for trauma treatment. This skill benefits anyone working in the mental health field. Participants will demonstrate that they are able to administer and interpret assessments, use different grounding techniques, create a timeline, facilitate a Graphic Narrative™ process including the Re-presentation of a trauma narrative, conduct an Externalized Dialogue™ procedure, explain parts mapping, and map out follow up plan.