Trauma Training Online for NBCC and NASW CE Credits
Learn about the Instinctual Trauma Response™ method and how to apply to your practice in this online trauma training – and receive 10 CE credits!
The Instinctual Trauma Response™ Method
According to the American Psychological Association, over 50% of people will experience trauma in their lives – and the incidence of trauma continues to grow. Unfortunately, this is not news to you. As a licensed therapist today, you encounter too many individuals who have been traumatized. They may present with symptoms of dissociation, PTSD, depression, anxiety or a host of other behavioral and psychological issues. The challenge lies in identifying – and treating – the root cause, not just the symptoms. This is where the Instinctual Trauma Response™ (ITR) method can help.
Training Approved by NBCC and NASW
The ITR™ evidence-supported treatment method takes a different approach to treating trauma. Instead of “What’s wrong with the client?,” the question becomes “What’s happened to the client?” The ITR Method gives structure, words, and historical context to traumatic events without the client reliving the trauma. The courses are approved by both the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
Trauma Informed Therapy for Adults and Children
What else is different about ITR?
- Treatment time to success– hours vs years: Unlike many other psychodynamic approaches, processing a single traumatic event can happen quickly, even in as little as one session.
- Integrates seamlessly with other therapeutic models: Regardless of your psychodynamic or psychoanalytic approach, the ITR Method adapts to become part of your process.
- Can be used with both children and adults: This method can be applied to clients as young as 3 – or 93.
With over 30 years of clinical experience helping individuals dealing with trauma and other mental health challenges, psychiatrist Dr. Lou Tinnin and art therapist Dr. Linda Gantt developed and tested the approach in their practices. Dr. Linda Gantt now focuses on training the next generation of therapists to help their clients process trauma and improve their lives.
Trauma Training Course Description
Through the 10-hour Accelerated Traumatology 101 Online Course, you will have an opportunity to learn from a faculty group that includes the co-founder of the methodology, Dr. Linda Gantt. Some of the topic areas include:
- The history of trauma and the Instinctual Trauma Response™ method;
- How the brain reacts to trauma;
- Specific clinical methods effective in treating clients with PTSD, CPTSD and dissociative disorders,
- Applying the techniques with non-verbal or autistic clients; and
- A foundation in art-informed therapy techniques that support the ITR approach.
The course has been approved for 10 continuing education credits for licensed therapists by NBCC and NASW.
Cost of the course is $497.
I love the ITR. I think it will revolutionize mental health and trauma treatment. I think everyone should be trained in the ITR method. It’s effective. it’s quick, but most of all it reduces PTSD symptoms and that’s what we want, these children and these adults to have healthy, happy lives."
Danni Davis, LCSW, CCSOT, CITRI